Saturday 1 March 2014

The birth of 'Short and sweet'

So I've started another blog.

My first was set up during the year in which I was living in North London (http://drjohnstanton.blogspot.co.uk/). To live in the 'Big Smoke' was something I had, for sometime, wanted to do; so when the opportunity arose I was keen to document the daily grind of life in our nation's capital. Something I did every few weeks or so, writing about a range of issues and topics. Since moving out, however, despite intentions to set up a new blog, I have not been posting ... until now.

'Short and sweet' will be a much more general blog; with no specific topic and no specific lifespan, I envisage that it will cover topics such as sport, music, personal accounts and perspectives of life in general. My reason for writing? Simple. I love writing. In my view, a blog is not written primarily to be read but primarily to be written. It is a way of venting one's thoughts, putting them down on paper, and taking the chance to reflect. I would never deign ever to impose my ramblings on people, insisting that they take the time to read; so this blog will be written, regardless of whether it is ever read. If you are reading, I thank you.

Enjoy. Or not. I know I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment